What Keywords Should A C-Level Executive Have On Their Resume?
Keywords are extremely important for all job levels these days and for powerful positions like C-level executives, they are even more important. While some junior or mid-level resumes might be treated leniently for their keyword usage by the hiring managers, C-level executive resumes could be held to a higher standard.
So, if you are applying for positions like Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Learning Officer, etc, make sure your resume is up-to-date with the right keywords. Your resume should be created by a top-rated professional resume writing firm. Recruiters are looking for the right keywords for required expertise, knowledge, skill, and qualifications.
Those necessary keywords are what will help you get called in for an interview. In order to know what keywords a C-level executive should have on their resume, follow the following steps:
1. Make sure the keywords are high-quality: Competing for a C-level position might not be tough in terms of the number of applicants, but it definitely demands a top-quality resume. Since C-levels demand larger and greater responsibilities, one must scrutinize each and every part of the resume and make it the best as one possibly can. In other words, one who is applying for a C-level executive position should pay special attention to using the RIGHT keywords. If your resume lacks this information, your resume will not be high-quality or impactful in the screening process.
2. Use the RIGHT keywords: Keywords are the essential tools to describe your previous achievements as a potential C-level candidate. In today’s day when the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is used to filter your resume based on the keywords you use in your resume, it is necessary that you must use the RIGHT keywords if you want to obtain a high level job.
Here are the words to include on a C-level executive resume:
• Revenue Growth and Profit Maximization
• Organization Leadership
• Corporate Administration
• Budgeting & Finance
• New Business Development
• Performance Optimization
• P&L Responsibility
• Strategic Planning
Here are the action-words you should use on a C-level executive resume to start out the sentences:
Using the right keywords makes a substantial difference between whether you are going to be hired by the recruiters or not. The action-words help to describe your work experience and achievement during your career in the most illustrative way.
3. Hire a professional resume writing service: Do you think you need an expert’s help in creating your C-level resume? Hire a professional resume writing service that has a good understanding and experience in writing C-level resumes. Only such resume writing experts can guide you through creating a resume with proper keywords. This will actually help you stand out among other candidates and get selected for an interview by the hiring managers.
4. Connect with relevant people: Besides a resume writing expert, you can seek out advice from relevant people with similar experience. Why not connect with some experienced C-level executive of the same industry on LinkedIn and gain some insights on your resume writing requirements? Since they have already worked in the same industry at a C-level, they can offer exactly what keywords you should put on your resume.
As mentioned above, if you follow the tips you are likely to end up with the best C-level resume in your hand. When you are applying for high-level positions, don’t take things for granted, especially when it comes to keywords. Do proper research and make your resume stand out by using high-quality keywords. In addition, if needed, never hesitate to ask for help from relevant people in the industry or a professional resume writing service. Are you looking to become a C-level executive?